THE SOURCE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

THE SOURCE
THE SOURCE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THOSE VINTAGE COMMERCIALS

5 posters

Go down

THOSE VINTAGE COMMERCIALS Empty THOSE VINTAGE COMMERCIALS

Post  drichardson Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:23 am

WOW!! Dale where did you ever find those oldies lol. Mannnn both those Fritos commericials took me way back it felt good to hear those songs from them. The Tang was a riot I truly forgot about that one. Wasn't that Andre who loved the inch worm and just had to have one? Now that song took me back too lol or was it Monica who loved that commercial? The Levi's one was and is truly a classic. I will review all the others later. Thanks for those fond memeories of old childhood.
drichardson
drichardson
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : cooking, decorating, gardening, shopping, read my bible, spending quality time with family.
Humor : I love comedy movies and good standup comics. I still love to watch the old school cartoons too!
Registration date : 2008-10-12

http://www.trueinsight.ning.com, www.http://multiply.com,

Back to top Go down

THOSE VINTAGE COMMERCIALS Empty Re: THOSE VINTAGE COMMERCIALS

Post  Darryl Micou Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:03 pm

drichardson wrote:WOW!! Dale where did you ever find those oldies lol. Mannnn both those Fritos commericials took me way back it felt good to hear those songs from them. The Tang was a riot I truly forgot about that one. Wasn't that Andre who loved the inch worm and just had to have one? Now that song took me back too lol or was it Monica who loved that commercial? The Levi's one was and is truly a classic. I will review all the others later. Thanks for those fond memeories of old childhood.

Glad you found them enjoyable. Happy to see want type of response I'll get from them, but they won't last long. I will pull them and display newer one's shortly during the week. That inch worm commercial was one of Monica favorites jingle to sing to Andre. My favorite was the "Faygo" jingle, because argument with a good old friend at the time (Richard Greene) claimed he was in the commercial turning up a red soda pop. This was one of mamma's favorite as I could remember as well.

A little trival about the Faygo jingle.
Did you know..The Faygo commercial was taped and filmed on the Bob-lo Ferry which cursed to on journey to its destination to Bob-Bo-Lo Island? Sure was. This Jingle help launched Faygo sodas to become one of the leading bottlers distribution for soft drinks in America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faygo
Darryl Micou
Darryl Micou

Male Number of posts : 23
Job/hobbies : Network Administration/Customer Service. Guitar, Chess, Tropical Fish, Good Partnership with Wife
Humor : Like Listen to good jokes, Comical TV seires, A maybe some humor from people in converstations.
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

THOSE VINTAGE COMMERCIALS Empty RE: VINTAGE COMMERCIALS

Post  drichardson Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:20 pm

Hey Dale, no I didn't know about that being the Bob-Lo boat in the faygo commercial. Wow thats something and man you and Richard was going heada up over him saying he was in the commercial uh lol thats funy too. I thought it was Monica who loved that Inch Worm commercial lol yeah those were greta I looked at theothers too but I liked the first set better.
drichardson
drichardson
Admin
Admin

Job/hobbies : cooking, decorating, gardening, shopping, read my bible, spending quality time with family.
Humor : I love comedy movies and good standup comics. I still love to watch the old school cartoons too!

Back to top Go down

Post  Darryl Micou Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Richard stayed on that boat. He got me to go on it twice. But every time commercial would air, I would run to our old black and white TV set to see if it was really him or not. I really couldn't tell.

And yeah, Monica seemed to enjoy singing it. But it was one her favorite sing along's jingles that she'd accompanied Andre (or Damon) on her lap to hand clapping and they all would sing to either "Inch Worm Commerical","King Kong" (He was a monster) "Here Rover" (a song she made up on Mrs. Martin's Dog), Going On A Bear Hunt, and "Frosty The Snow Man" which was pretty disturbing at the end for a kid, by which she added to the song-- "He died"(that song was 4 Damon). Shocked
Darryl Micou
Darryl Micou

Job/hobbies : Network Administration/Customer Service. Guitar, Chess, Tropical Fish, Good Partnership with Wife
Humor : Like Listen to good jokes, Comical TV seires, A maybe some humor from people in converstations.

Back to top Go down

Post  Darryl Micou Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:04 pm

They'll be more of these, to all that have missed them.
Darryl Micou
Darryl Micou

Back to top Go down

Post  drichardson Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Dale how do you remember all that stuff from our childhood, some I remember and some I forgot all about until you just reminded me lol. Those old songs we used to make up were a real trip especially the (going on a bear hunt) that was such a funny song and man did we ever get into that one lol. Wow I can remember how the (King Kong and the Rover ) song go but I do remember those titles I'll have to ask Monica to remind me of them lol. Thanks again for those old memories.

Last edited by drichardson on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
drichardson
drichardson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darryl Micou Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:33 am

drichardson wrote:Dale how do you remember all that stuff from our childhood, some I remember and some I forgot all about until you just remindede me lol. Those old songs we used to make up were a real trip especially the (going on a bear hunt) that was such a funny song and man did we ever get into that one lol. Wow I can remember how the (King Kong and the Rover ) song go but I do remember those titles I'll have to ask Monica to remind me of them lol. Thanks again for those old memories.

"Dale how do you remember all that stuff from our childhood"

Truthfully? Its because I'd use to enjoy each day when I was a child. Even the bad times were acceptable because I was surrounded by good "ol Folk".

But you gotta credit Gramma (Chris your sister) on "Going On A Bear Hunt" song.
If I'm not mistaken-- It was Chris, whom actually taught Monica that song. Chris learned it during camp.

Right Chrisandra?
Darryl Micou
Darryl Micou

Back to top Go down

Post  kcaldwell1965 Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:17 pm

I have a few on my web page too.
kcaldwell1965
kcaldwell1965

Female Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:44 pm

drichardson wrote:Dale how do you remember all that stuff from our childhood, some I remember and some I forgot all about until you just remindede me lol. Those old songs we used to make up were a real trip especially the (going on a bear hunt) that was such a funny song and man did we ever get into that one lol. Wow I can remember how the (King Kong and the Rover ) song go but I do remember those titles I'll have to ask Monica to remind me of them lol. Thanks again for those old memories.

Just found it. "King Kong" Monica use to sing to Damon